What is Safe Grad Night?
Grad Night parties have spread throughout the United States. These events are organized by committed groups of parents joining together with the support of the community to give their high school graduates safe, sober, and spectacular graduation celebrations.
The two highest risk nights for high school students are prom and graduation nights. Peer pressure is highest on these two nights. The philosophy and ideals behind the Grad Night party are interlinked with providing an event that is safe, sober, and incredibly fun. More than “just a party,” Grad Night is a commitment by parents to conduct a great, “once in a lifetime” extravaganza for graduating seniors. Grad Night is alcohol and drug free. It builds a spirit of togetherness among the graduates as they celebrate with old friends for one last time. A sense of community is developed as everyone works to keep the graduates entertained and safe on potentially the most dangerous night of their lives.
Grad Night celebrations can only succeed with the commitment of parents and the generous support of the community.
- The cost is affordable, and scholarships are made available to families with limited means.
- Graduates will look back on this party as a very special night.
- Graduates experience a fantastic celebration without the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Every graduate has a party to attend on graduation night.
- All graduates are together to celebrate as a class—probably for the last time.
- The community can take pride in providing a positive experience for its youth.
- The community’s support aids in averting a possible tragedy.
- Increased parent awareness and participation in school-related activities such as athletic events, prom, and booster programs.
- A closer bond between the graduating seniors and the school.
- Stronger alumni support.
- Continuation of a tradition that enhances the entire school community.
- Parents know that their children are in a safe environment on potentially the most dangerous night of their lives.
- Parents have the opportunity to get to know other parents who work on the party.
Who We Are
Safe Grad Night is under the non-profit umbrella of Vashon Alliance to Reduce Substance Abuse. We support each year’s parent organization group as they generate funding for their graduating class. Our mission is to provide administrative resources and create a legacy of sustainable and equitable funding for future graduating classes.